Why do we need the serial number?
To get accurate quotes and device information we will often need to know the exact model of the device in question. This is so we can then match correct parts to fit your device model.
How to locate your serial number (Easiest method)
The quickest way, which we infact use day-to-day, is to find the label or small print containing the serial number (or other codes for different brands) of the device:
- Laptops: located on the bottom
- Desktops: located on the side/back/bottom
- All-in-Ones (AIOs): located on the back/bottom
Most common cases:
Look for BOTH:
- Product – ProdID – P/N
- Serial – SN# – S/N – S/N#
Removable battery (Usually older devices):
Some HP laptops with a removable battery, will have the information on a sticker in side. You will need to remove the battery to find the sticker.
Removable back cover:
Some HP laptops with a removable back cover, will have the information on a sticker in side. You will need to remove the cover to find the sticker.
Removing the cover:
- May have a slider or tab to allow removal of the back cover
- If not, the back may simply pull off